Friday 5/19: More College Prep

 

Day 11: 5/19/2023

5 hours (8:00am-1:00pm)

60 hours total

As my time at Proctor closes out, I’ve had to in turn think and plan ahead for the next part of my academic future: college. So, today has been spent going through all sorts of steps in preparation for the academic, residential, and social aspects of university life that I’ve never had time to truly process before. This also becomes even more clear when talking about moving to a whole new country and abandoning my previous notions of what an educational system looks like, as well as the social dynamics of a Canadian university. Add a necessity to speak French into this mix, and you’ve got a big mix of predictable obstacles that might be best to tackle straight out of the gate instead of the typical “wait ‘til the last week of August” approach. I’ve taken French placement tests, scheduled language interviews and classes, and even attended webinars this morning on the immigration paperwork essentials that I’ll need to attend a Canadian university and just enter Quebec in general. Hopefully, if all goes right this morning and perhaps a bit of tomorrow, too, the rest of my summer will be carefree smooth sailing without the worry of a declined student visa or residential crisis over my head. Senior spring might’ve moved at lightning speed, but so will life beyond Proctor, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday 5/18: Immigration and College Work