Tuesday 5/16: Concentrations Exit Interview Prep and Final Revisions

 

Day 8: 5/16/2023

5 hours (12:00-5pm)

45 hours total

Today, I’ve been mostly preparing for my upcoming Concentrations exit interview tomorrow as well as doing a bit of preemptive practice for the June ACT test after graduation. It seems a bit jumpy and excessive for senior spring, but that’s just how far ahead you have to plan for standardized tests and what is academically to come next for me. Anyway, as I go into tomorrow and the last key step of the Academic Concentrations program, I’m thinking about how to reminisce but not regret the amount of time, dedication, and resources I put into my project over the course of two years. Besides research and analysis skills, I already pretty much achieved most of the competencies for the Capstone requirements over the summer after Junior year and through the middle of Senior year, though the ultimate guiding question persists. Does or doesn’t globalization and the increasingly interconnectedness of the world hinder/preserve the health and survival of minority language groups in the developed world? I do think that my extensive documentary and subsequent paper adequately answered with a hypothesis that this worldwide phenomenon builds pressure onto people within such groups, but I still have this lingering feeling that I couldn’t answer it all. I’ve tried my best, and I think the net result was a pretty good attempt to deconstruct it, but somewhere in the back of my head it always feel like there’s a part of the story I missed, like the protections of federalism to regional dialects and accents, or the blending of different dialects into one tongue. Nevertheless, my work here in Concentrations is done, and I look forward to sharing my experiences tomorrow.

Comments

  1. It was time well spent! Looking forward to reading more of your research papers as you continue your academic career beyond Proctor. - Erik

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday 5/18: Immigration and College Work

Friday 5/19: More College Prep