Friday 5/12: AP German Exam & Concentrations Revisions

 

Day 5: 5/12/2023

6 hours (8:00am-12:00pm, 2-4pm)

4 hours AP German Exam, 2 hours on Concentrations work

28 hours total

I suppose I can finally say that I’m now *actually* officially finished with my intensive academic endeavors, as I surprisingly breezed through the AP German Language and Culture exam this morning. After a sleepless night being sick and fogged with vocabulary words and all, it was kind of a blessing to have such a straightforward major assessment for me and I definitely didn’t take my “slight” German-speaking advantage for granted. As I went through each of the four sections of the test, I even started noticing how similar my cognitive language skills were between German and French when I almost began speaking French into the exam’s audio recorder. It made me realize how I structure sentences, conjugate verbs, and grammatically style myself in the same fashion in French as I do in German, which I hadn’t even really paid attention to until this morning. However, after finishing the last portion of the exam around noon, I did feel like I was about to pass out in broad daylight from dehydration and exhaustion, so I parked myself in the library for a few hours before getting some revision work done on the Concentrations paper and narrative reflection. When I woke up from my coma-like sleep, I wasn’t exactly more energized, but I did finally get some clarity I’d been waiting for all year to find: a lack of stress and an abundance of time to work around. Moving forward, I’m glad that I can now put my full focus into finalizing my papers and just overall finishing the Academic Concentrations program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday 5/16: Concentrations Exit Interview Prep and Final Revisions

Thursday 5/18: Immigration and College Work

Friday 5/19: More College Prep